Bridgecor LLCWhere Diversity Meets Engineering
We’re looking for Sr. Software Engineer to join our very successful organization and help the largest and fastest-moving brands in the world successfully educate their customers, partners, and employees at our privately-owned, profitable, and powered by a globally distributed team that truly cares about delivering remarkable learning experiences.
Our Engineering team consists of around 20 people and operates from North America, Europe, and Oceania. Remote has been the bedrock of our culture for over a decade.
What we offer:
- Remote Working with a flexible schedule, supported by a strong culture of asynchronous communication.
- Working together with a team of smart, interesting people with the lightest, most supportive structure possible to be successful.
- Varied, interesting technical challenges for talented engineers to tackle and large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus on getting things done.
- An opportunity to play a significant role in our mission to improve the lives of others. Education is important and our contribution to the practice and technology is significant.
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Have been developing software professionally for several years.
- Have solid experience working on larger-scale production Rails applications and have good all-round back-end skills.
- Care about writing well-crafted, high-quality, self-documented, and easy to maintain code.
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with team mates.
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic.
- Are comfortable troubleshooting production applications and isolating issues to fix.
- Are ready to periodically take on tier 2 support duties to handle support requests.
- Are prone to geeking out about something you love (e.g. music, vampire books, kitesurfing, Golden Girls season 2-5, or anything else you are obsessed with).
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience developing software professionally
- 3 – 5 years experience writing production Rails applications
- Ruby (We’re on 2.x)
- Rails (We’re on 6.x)
- PostgreSQL (We’re on 12)
- Background/async processing solutions (such as Sidekiq)
- Experience with Rails application server (such as Passenger)
- Experience with cloud computing platform (such as AWS, GCS)
- Solid experience working on larger scale production Rails applications and have good all around back end skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as Redis and ElasticSearch
- Experience with version control tools such as Git and GitHub
- Fully Remote
- USA Based
About the process:
Our interviewing process should take about 2 weeks. During this time, usually we will hold three interviews of around one hour each. We don’t require you to perform any coding challenge and we won’t ask any algorithmic or tricky questions.
We do want to give you the chance to show us your technical and communication skills in a comfortable and positive environment. We believe the best way to achieve this is for you to prepare some code that you have written and think is worth sharing with us. It does not have to be something you craft specially for this occasion, but some interesting real life problem you have solved in the past that we can go through together, and have some discussions around it.