Bridgecor LLCWhere Diversity Meets Engineering
We are looking for Sr. Electrical Engineer or Sr. Electrical Designer who will apply professional and technical expertise to designing electrical engineering options and concepts that align with the vision and target for each project. This individual should have a comprehensive understanding of the consulting engineering process and the contractual documents which are involved.
The successful incumbent would be responsible for but not limited to
- Determining the scope of the projects that are assigned
- Utilizing software programs to create electrical designs that include lighting, power distribution, emergency generation systems, fire alarm, security, or other electrical systems.
- Cost-effective system layouts, quantities/sizes, and specifications, and verify code/standard compliance of the system designs.
- Preparing the layout of CAD drawings and coordinating with all other departments at each stage of the project.
- Performing construction administration assignments like site observations, shop drawing review, and preparation of punch lists.
- Appropriate project scope and ensuring that accuracy is reflected in the contract documents.
- Proactively managing every possible scope of work variances to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that projects stay on track.
- Excellent business relationships and communication with clients, partners, architects, owners.
- Supporting and guiding the junior designers.
- Any duties assigned by the senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering design and management.
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading and coordinating multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Experience with a variety of project deliverable methods including design-build, design-bid-construct, fast-track, and other construction delivery methods.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas or Engineer in Training (EIT) is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of local, state, and national codes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly convey information, ideas, and concepts verbally, written, or in graphic form.
- Preparing original specifications for project systems and components.
- Highly proficient in technical/computer skills including Microsoft O365 (Outlook, Word, Excel), internet and web applications, and engineering software programs, etc.
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience to effectively evaluate various electrical engineering options.
- Cost containment and reduction approach.
- The capability of providing appropriate relative costs of different engineering approaches
- Uses resources efficiently, strives to reduce cost
- Strong conflict management abilities – a good listener, committed to finding solutions to problems, work to address difficulties
- Comfortable maintaining professional relationships with clients, vendors, code officials, etc. Works well with internal and external teams, promotes a positive image of the company, strives to solve issues raised by customers
- Meets deadlines, works independently or as part of a team, is accountable, maintains focus on set objectives and goals
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness in deliverables and communications maintains high-quality standards and good follow-up skills
- Ethical, honest, and accountable; maintains confidentiality, handles sensitive information with discretion and professionalism
- Has a bias for action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion
- Keeps information organized and accessible, maintains efficient workspace, manages time well
- Monitors status of projects thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of the status
- Looks for opportunities to increase knowledge, works to increase responsibility, strives to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work effectively in a group or team environment as well as independently; values input and opinions of others
Must have the ability to perform the necessary job-related functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Travel up to 10-35% for site investigations and assessments, or client meetings
- Work normal business hours and extended hours, evenings, and weekends when necessary to meet business deadlines
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting, for prolonged periods
- Regular use of office equipment such as a computer/laptop and computer screens
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components
- Ability to see differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- May occasionally be exposed to the following work conditions: work near/with moving mechanical parts; work near/with electrical currents; work in high places or underground; be exposed to fumes/airborne particles or caustic chemicals; withstand outdoor weather conditions; withstand moderate to very loud noises