Bridgecor LLCWhere Diversity Meets Engineering
We are looking for Estimator/Project Manager who would be responsible for a portion of Boudreau Utility Services Division proposals, estimates, presentations, and recruitment procedures. Ideal incumbent is required to have experience in managing and estimating projects and assignments needing wet and dry utilities including experience in gas and electrical industry. The ideal candidate would be required to participate in planning meetings with Consultants, clients, contractor, and/or Client representatives to discuss the project aspects. Incumbent will communicate internally and with field staff in order to execute the work efficiently. In addition to this, the Estimator/Project Manager will work as part of a team in order to achieve the goals and targets set by the organization.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for
- Taking-offs of materials to complete accurate pricing of wet and dry utilities that include gas and electric.
- Attending pre-bid meetings, completing jobsite visits, and keep a record of all verbal information by the client during the pre-bid meeting and RFQ process.
- Explaining details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources required for every task.
- Maintaining lines of communications between company departments and client.
- Utilizing and implementing the company approved costing methodology.
- Acting as primary point of contact for project coordination and communications with clients.
- Reviewing project deliverables like drawings, calculations and specifics.
- Directing and planning project meetings, technical reviews and progress updates.
- Coordinating project schedules, budgets, Gant charts and other project deliverables as per policy.
- Forecasting proper wet/dry utility project resources.
- Understanding open cut construction, basic shoring methods, traffic control methods.
- Preparing the cost estimates assuring that all necessary costs are detailed and included in the estimate; such as management services, equipment and material costs.
- Building positive relationships with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and teams.
- Reading and understanding project specifications, soils reports, district and mobilization requirements.
- Communicating and draft bid revisions to clients.
- Understanding of prevailing wage projects and/or phases and can manage resources accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Experience and Skills
- Five years plus experience in project cost estimating/project management.
- Experience emphasis in wet and dry utility industry projects.
- Ability to understand Civil Drawings, District/Agency Standards, Soils Reports, & Project Specifications
- Excellent command over Microsoft Office.
- Experience of using estimating and accounting software (examples: Microsoft Office Suite • Microsoft Projects • Excel • Word • Access • SAP • PowerPoint • OST • Bid-To-Win (B2W)• Primavera P6 • Planswift • InEight Hard Dollar • HeavyBid • AGTEK • HeavyJob • Unifier • Bluebeam )
- Communicating effectively and ability to provide high-level service in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record.