Bridgecor LLCWhere Diversity Meets Engineering
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to the part of our team of professionals. The ideal candidate for the Improvement Engineer should be an energetic, highly skilled who is excited and passionate about serving operations, customers, and senior management by understanding their critical needs and expectations. In addition to this, the ideal incumbent should be capable of ensuring that all aspects of planning, production, and delivery.
The successful incumbent would be responsible for
- Ensuring that all planning is done in such a way as to optimize production and minimize inventory levels.
- S/he is responsible for assisting with perfecting new products development and other customer-specific special projects consistent with Lecoq’s culture of innovation.
- S/he will be responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities, developing project charters, and executing to enhance quality and productivity.
- Embraces and lives the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- S/he walks the talk and is an integral part of the Lecoq family.
- Coordinate with buyer and ensure that the right quantities and right ingredients are always in stock to run the production lines efficiently.
- Optimize production scheduling to minimize change-overs and keep productivity levels high to optimize production output
- Measure and monitor inventory levels in coordination with the warehouse manager and provide data to the buyer to ensure right levels of inventory is maintained to effectively run production and deliver to the customers on time
This is a very important role in the implementation of company-wide initiatives.
- Document the complete BOMs/Costing (Bill of Materials) process, associated excel spreadsheets and Siege/MAS MRP system to ensure the complete process knowledge is captured and transferable
- Identifies opportunities for the implementation of Lean/Six Sigma tools and their implementation in the day to day operation
- Organize and participate in Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA). Interact effectively with customers, suppliers and internal resources for ongoing corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA)
- Review and upgrade training materials for all positions within the operations team in coordination with the SMEs in each of the areas.
- Coordinates and documents all training sessions
- Provide support to product development and scale up manufacturing runs, documenting information in spreadsheets and provide data to ensure CI projects are implemented
- Learn, teach and train others in basic CI tools as required and develop training materials. Actively participate in RCAs, Kaizan events, etc. and effectively employ problem-solving tools/methodologies like Lean and Six Sigma or similar tools
- Coordinate R&D in new products and product development testing and standardization process to ensure that manufacturing can consistently mass-produce the product, in coordination with the R&D team and the Process Engineers
- Coordinate the running of experiments to ensure the ideal product can be produced consistently
- Organize the efforts to develop product quality by Design process and proactively reduce production and quality risks
- Integrate the work of production and R&D and ensure that the product development process is followed and documented
- Risk Management – Learn, teach, create and coordinate DFMEA and PFMEA with appropriate teams and develop mitigants to minimize risk and ensure consistent product quality.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum 5 years of production planning and scheduling experience in a process manufacturing, GMP regulated industry
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Industrial engineering or supply chain management, or business administration or operations management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Knowledgeable in master scheduling, production planning and detailed scheduling, demand management, purchasing, and cost accounting techniques.
- Experience with inventory management
- Experience leading Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen or TPM efforts in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Clearly and actively communicates planning, scheduling and changeover information or process issues with affected parties in a timely manner
- Experience with MRP, MS Office and ERP systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- APICS certification is a plus